.
The gardens were beautiful. I have never seen so many roses in my life. This is also where we caught the candid shot of the fella getting close with his lady friend. This group of people, likely a family, were taking photos on the steps and Trevor and I were standing to the side waiting for them to finish. We notice on the first take this guy pinch the girl's butt. Once seeing this, we figured he had to do it again on the second take, and as you can see he did...and we caught it. We got a huge laugh out of this. After Trevor and Chad did some modeling in the grass (Chad had me on the grown laughing), we made our way back to the hotel.
When I got back to the hotel, I sat out on the balcony (something I could literally do all day) listening to the most recent Midtown sermon and then realized I was in great need of a nap.
After sleeping for about an hour, I got a small workout in and went for a sort of "nature run". I ran along the road in front of our hotel and then cut up along a small creek that followed along the highway through the woods. Wow! It sure does make running a lot easier and so much more enjoyable when you have a nearly 6500 foot mountain in the distance. After the run, we all went and ate downstairs in the hotel. Later on in the night we came back down to have hot chocolate on the front porch. I asked the group when was a time/moment when they thought to themselves "I'm there right now". Like a feeling of comfort/peace, relaxed and joyful. We all shared and as Brett Dennen and Ray LaMontagne continued to play on my laptop while I sipped my hot chocolate amongst the chill from the Alps, I thought to myself, "I'm there."
Great pictures, Daniel! I am thoroughly enjoying your blog :) I found it today and have been catching up on all you have been up to. All your stories are great but my favorite so far is "the smoking three year old" from one of your earlier posts! Ha!
ReplyDelete~Jennifer